Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality baked goods, Ellenos Greek yogurt, and coffee beverages.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention; provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure that food quality, quantity; freshness and presentation meet all company standards.
- Fill bakery cases with product received from local bakeries.
- Make espresso beverages for customers as ordered.
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage for all products.
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
- Order product from vendors when appropriate.
- Keep all cases, floors and shelves clean.
- Sample department products to customers.
- Be aware of new products and their placement.
- Properly package and wrap products for retail sale.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Help cross-merchandise product with other departments.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Desire to learn
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with customers and other associates
- Must have valid Oregon Food Handler card
- Successful experience working in a retail environment
- Able to meet physical requirements of the job
- Must have a passion for food and people
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service
- Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department
- Position requires regular and reliable attendance
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes, and chemicals
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift