Responsible for the overall management of the Bakery and Coffee departments. Provides leadership, direction to department associates. Displays a passion for food, building strong effective teams and exceptional customer service. Accountable for the financial performance of the department including achieving sales, gross and shrink reduction goals. Creates an inspiring customer experience by ensuring excellent customer service and providing high quality, well merchandised products for our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service. Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
• Understand why our products are different than conventional stores and be able to communicate the differences to customers.
• Ensure that food and beverage quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation meet all company standards.
• Order product from vendors. Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and inventory control.
• Change the scope of products to correspond with seasons and holidays.
• Sample department products to customers and department associates.
• Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
• Properly package and wrap products for retail sale.
• Ensure all items are labeled, dated, covered and rotated.
• Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
• Keep all cases, floors and shelves clean.
• Work with team members to ensure the selling floor/aisles are cleared and well maintained.
• Maintain sanitation conditions in the department, comply with safety procedures, identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
• Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
• Help cross-merchandise product with other departments.
• Accept and process product from receiver.
• Responsible for achieving required sales, margins expense and labor targets.
• Apply store policies regarding cash handling and cash register operation.
• Responsible for accurate quarterly inventory.
• Write schedule to ensure department is properly staffed within budget to provide strong customer service.
• Supervise, train and coach Bakery and Coffee team members. Educate associates on all products and vendors. Ensure all associates know how to safely use coffee/espresso machines.
• Position is full-time.
Supervise team of bakery, coffee and juice bar associates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
• Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
• Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to learn and retain an in-depth knowledge of all products carried in department.
• Basic knowledge of ingredient and nutritional information for bakery and coffee products
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
• Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
• Able to answer customer questions in a clear and service-oriented manner.
• Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
• Must have a valid Oregon Food Handler card
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Successful experience working in a retail environment, ideally bakery, with strong demonstrated merchandising skills. Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of management experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers, vendors & customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Stand for long periods of time
· Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
· Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
· Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
· Frequent use of stairs
· Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
· May walk and work on uneven surfaces
· Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
· May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
· Exposure to continuous background noise
· Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
· Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift