Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases, shelves, and displays clean and well stocked.
- Taste and evaluate products carried in the department to determine flavor profiles and quality of product and be able to communicate to our customers.
- Assist customers in selecting beer, wine, and other specialty products.
- Assist department manager with merchandising beer and wine for department.
- Create effective merchandising displays and support sampling program. Help cross merchandise product with other departments.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the store and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about product.
- Maintain correct department signage and pricing.
- Maintain organized and safe back stock area.
- Control spoilage: generate turn movement; and participate in monthly inventory.
- Follow and comply with all applicable alcohol handling and service regulations, health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all Wine equipment in a safe and proper manner.
This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Leadership may assign other duties not listed here.
- Extensive knowledge in beer production and description. Able to communicate beer pairing with a variety of product offerings. Knowledge of wine preferred.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of a position that requires a lifting and stacking of boxes and frequent use of stairs.
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)