Cleans and sanitizes dishes and cooking equipment in the Service Deli department. Assists with the cleaning of ovens and other appliances used in the department. When needed, serves prepared items from the hot and cold deli cases based on customer request. Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality foods.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain organization of the dish area, ensuring all kitchen dishes and utensils are cleaned and placed in the appropriate area.
- Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by position
- Follow established food safety procedures
- Maintain back stock areas and coolers
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well stocked, and properly rotated
- Properly package and wrap products for retail sale
- Must have or be able obtain a Oregon food handlers card.
- Must take food handling and preparation seriously.
- Be willing to work a flexible work schedule based on the stores operating hours and department needs.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Prior experience in a restaurant dishwasher position desired.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Interact with a diverse group of individuals
- Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Repetitive use of hands with power grasping and fine manipulation
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes, and chemicals
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required