Coordinate and facilitate guest experience and dining events for Zupan’s Markets, to include: Breezeway dinners, wine dinners, customer education events, store promo and off-site catering events. Creates an inspiring customer experience by ensuring proper execution of events and clearly communicating details to store directors, department managers and event chef.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service.
- Coordinate all private event details with customers and chef to execute a memorable experience exceeding the customers’ expectations. Review contracts, menu, budget and logistics ensuring the customer’s needs are met.
- Coordinate menus with the event chef, including special requests and dietary restrictions.
- Work with current Zupan’s customers to re-book private event spaces.
- Create and coordinate companywide promotional events.
- Communicate objectives of promotional events to all store directors and department managers.
- Facilitate wine dinners and customer education events, coordinating with relevant department managers.
- Communicate all marketing/graphic design needs to the Director of Marketing.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate staffing for all events which requires communication with all store directors. Work events as needed.
- Provide support as a wine/beer steward in all stores as needed.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the store and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about product.
- Follow and comply with all applicable alcohol handling and service regulations, health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to all stores and off-site events.
- Position is full-time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive knowledge of wine and beer production and description. Able to communicate wine and beer pairings and a variety of product offerings.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude. Able to answer questions in a clear and service- oriented manner and demonstrate a sense of urgency when responding to the needs of our customers.
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed and manage own time
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once in a fast-paced environment
- Stays current with food trends.
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, quality and presentation.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department and events, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Previous customer service, retail wine and beer experience preferred. Previous fine dining restaurant service experience required. Must have and maintain a current OLCC license.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers, vendors & customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift