The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention.
- Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
- Ensure that food quality, freshness and presentation meet all company standards.
- Follow established food safety procedures.
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
- Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by position.
- Organize, stock and rotate meat and poultry cases while continuously checking and ensuring freshness and quality of products.
- Maintain back stock areas and coolers; keep all cases and shelves clean.
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
- Be aware of new products and their placement.
- Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects.
- Maintain safe, clean and well organized working and shopping environment.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Properly package and wrap products for retail sale.
- Trim and bone meat and poultry upon guests’ request.
- Skewer meat and poultry items for kabobs.
- Marinate meat items.
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques.
- Help cross-merchandise product with other departments.
- Understand why our products are different than conventional stores, and be able to explain to customers.
- Accept and process product from receiver.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and associates and convey enthusiasm
- Successful experience working in a retail environment
- Able to meet physical requirements of the job
- Must have a passion for food and people
- Excellent customer service
- Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position
- Ability to operate necessary equipment
- Must be available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department
- Desire to learn
- Valid Oregon Food Handle card
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Interact with a diversity of individuals
- Lift and/or move a minimum of 15 up to 50 pounds
- Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
- Repetitive use of hands with power grasping and fine manipulation
- Use of ladders, box cutters and knives
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes, and chemicals
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 50 pounds requires a team lift