Great customer service and retail experience needed. In shop work includes customer service, answering phones, taking floral orders, flower cleaning & processing, custom floral design (for Designers), stocking, empty trash, general cleaning & other projects. Out of shop work includes floral deliveries and set up. Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 up to 40 pounds.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention.
- Process/clean flowers for sale.
- Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked, and properly rotated.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Practice safe use and maintenance of all tools and equipment.
- Wash containers and tools when necessary.
- Maintain a safe and clean department.
- Answer telephones with proper etiquette when time permits.
- Timely delivery of floral orders and set up of arrangements when needed.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prior floral shop experience a plus.
- Floral designers must have 5+ years design experience in a retail floral setting.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Desire to learn
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers and other associates
- Strong basic math skills
- Successful experience working in a retail environment
- Able to meet physical requirements of the job
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Must be outgoing, and have excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Must be self-motivated and solution oriented
- Must be available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department
- Strong demonstrated merchandising skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals
- Floral designers must have 5+ years floral design background.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in varying temperatures.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes, and chemicals
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift