Great customer service experience and a desire to learn are needed. In shop work includes customer service, answering phones, taking floral orders, flower cleaning & processing, designing custom floral arrangements, stocking, empty trash, general cleaning & other projects. Out of shop work includes delivery of floral orders and set up of floral arrangements at off-site events.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention while delivering excellent customer service.
- Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
- Process incoming floral orders and ready for sale.
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked, and properly rotated.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Practice safe use and maintenance of all tools and equipment.
- Wash containers, tools when necessary and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Make floral deliveries when needed and assist with set up of floral arrangements at off-site events (ex: weddings, funerals, etc)
- Create custom designed floral arrangements.
- Regular attendance is essential.
Excellent customer service skills. Prior experience working in a retail floral shop desired with at least 2 years design experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a team
- Must have a desire to learn and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers and other associates
- Strong basic math skills
- Successful experience working in a retail environment
- Able to meet physical requirements of the job
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Must be outgoing, and have excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Must be self-motivated and solution oriented
- Must be available for weekends and flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in varying temperatures
- Ability to drive a delivery vehicle and carry large floral arrangements
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces which are sometimes slick
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- Some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional noise
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift