Great customer service and retail experience needed. In shop work includes customer service, answering phones, taking floral orders, flower cleaning and processing, custom floral design (for Designers), stocking, general cleaning and other projects. Out of shop work includes floral deliveries and set up. Must be able to lift minimum 15 up to 40 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide our customers with exceptional customer service
- Give the customer your full attention, greeting all customers in department
- Follow through on all customer questions and requests
- Process/clean flowers for sale
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms
- Practice safe use and maintenance of all tools and equipment. Maintain a safe and clean department.
- Wash containers and tools when necessary
- Answer telephones with proper etiquette
- Timely delivery of floral orders and set up of arrangements when needed.
- Position requires regular and reliable attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers and to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
- Strong demonstrated merchandising skills
- Able to answer customer questions in a clear and service-oriented manner.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Floral delivery drivers must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Floral designers must have 5+ years floral design background
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED. Excellent customer service skills. Prior floral shop experience a plus. Floral designers must have 5+ years design experience in a retail floral setting.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers, vendors & customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in varying temperatures
- Ability to safely operate a vehicle
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift