Responsible for the upkeep and care of company vehicles and timely delivery of floral arrangements to customers in the greater Portland area. Some travel to the home office in Vancouver, WA. Presents a professional and positive image when delivering floral arrangements to customers. Work with co-workers and department manager to ensure that all objectives and goals of the department are met or exceeded. Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality products.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide our customers with exceptional customer service
- Give the customer your full attention, greeting all customers in department
- Respond to special requests from customers in a timely manner
- Understand why our products are different than conventional stores and be able to explain to customers
- Responsible for the upkeep and care of company van, including refueling, washing, oil changes and other basic maintenance.
- Adhere to all traffic laws to ensure the upmost safety when driving a company vehicle.
- Ensures delivery of floral arrangements to businesses and residences in the Portland metro area in a timely manner.
- Presents a professional image and is courteous and responsive to customer requests.
- Loads and delivers merchandise between stores as needed.
- In store work during non-delivery time may include bucket cleaning, flower processing, stocking, emptying trash, and other projects as assigned.
- Position is full-time
- Position requires regular and reliable attendance.
High school graduate or GED. Prior experience as a delivery driver, with a proven record for safety and no driving violations.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
- Able to answer customer questions in a clear and service-oriented manner.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Ability to use GPS and computer mapping technology. Knowledge of the Portland metro area, including Lake Oswego, a plus.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
- Ability to safely operate a vehicle
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift
- Requires ability to safely operate a vehicle