Work with co-workers and department manager to ensure that all objectives and goals of the department are met or exceeded. Provides leadership, direction to department associates. Displays a passion for food, building strong effective teams and exceptional customer service. Accountable for the financial performance of the department including achieving sales, gross and shrink reduction goals. Creates an inspiring customer experience by ensuring excellent customer service and providing high quality, well merchandised products for our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Food Service Manager to achieve required sales, margin, expense and labor targets.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and independently manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, and speed based on the needs and conditions of the department.
- Understands and follows thru on written and verbal communication.
- Works cooperatively, collaboratively and positivity with co-workers and supervisors.
- Communicate any departmental concerns to Food Service Manager and Store Director.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work environment.
- Keep all displays clean, well-stocked, properly rotated and advertised with appropriate signage
- Follow and comply with established procedures and applicable health and safety codes to maintain a safe and sanitary work environment including sanitation, safe work practices, weights and measures. Operate, maintain and clean all equipment in a safe and proper manner. Monitor and maintain sanitation and cleaning checklist. Report all injuries and accidents to the Store Director.
- Maintains shrink logs and transfer logs, as needed.
- Assist the Food Service Manager with scheduled inventories.
- Observes all company rules and policies.
- Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service.
- Giving every customer immediate and undivided attention.
- Proactively engaging customers verbally and/or visually by smiling and saying hello
- Train and mentor associates to provide outstanding customer service
- Sample department products to customers
- Support the Food Service Manager and Associates with all kitchen functions
- Prepare Kitchen products according to recipes and being comfortable to produce your very own tasty dish
- Work with the Food Service Manager to create new food items for the hot case and deli.
- Guide completion of nightly prep lists and job assignments
- Ensure that food quality, freshness and presentation meet all company standards, know product preparation and nutritional aspects
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained, maintain back stock areas and coolers
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked, and properly rotated
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Assist the Food Service Manager with training and coaching associates in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Proven ability to mentor and develop team members
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Must have current Oregon Food Handlers card, ServSafe certification a plus
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which include working a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of restaurant cooking and/or grocery food service experience. Direct customer service experience a plus. At least one year of management experience desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents (instructions and vendor information). Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, managers and customers
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven and slick surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise