Work together with other associates to ensure that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by the Store Director, are met or exceeded. Create an outstanding customer experience by providing exceptional service and selling the highest quality foods and products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service
- Be knowledgeable of all products ordered to make recommendations and provide instructions on how to use with customers
- Maintain a well-stocked and well merchandised department, cross merchandise all departments to maximize sell through
- Change the scope of products to correspond with seasons and holidays
- Control shrink/damage of product by keeping an accurate inventory of product on hand and working with GM/HABA Manager and GM/HABA Buyer & Merchandiser to adjust order quantities and facilitate transfer of product not selling to other stores where it can be better utilized and sell through
- Review sales movement reports to ensure proper margins are being achieved
- Work all products out of back room within 48 hours
- Keep overheads and all storage areas clean and organized
- Assist with ordering product for department
- Work with team members to ensure the selling floor/aisles are cleared and well maintained
- Comply with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management
- Assist with quarterly inventory
- Implement company policies and procedures and direct others to maintain customer service and product quality and standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, demonstrating a sense of urgency to meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational skills
- Must take pride in their work and be passionate about merchandising
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Prior customer service experience required. Prior retail merchandising experience desired.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick