Responsible for maintaining & expanding the visual brand image for Zupan’s Markets. Designer creates both digital & printed in-store signage, literature, promotions & packaging as well as external advertising & social media graphics. Work together with store directors & department managers to ensure that all objectives and goals, as communicated by Management Team and Marketing Director, are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and produce signage for all departments, adhering to Zupan’s Markets brand standards.
- Maintain visual quality and consistency for all departments and stores, performing weekly walk-throughs to check quality and appearance of signs.
- Create flyers and other marketing materials as needed, with the guidance of the Director of Marketing.
- Produce weekly sale-item flyers & email marketing newsletter.
- Produce quarterly direct mailer adhering to USPS Standards.
- Create labels for Zupan’s private label products.
- Design/update store-branded packaging & paper items.
- Make website updates via WordPress CMS.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing, Store Directors, Department Managers and Pricing Coordinators.
- Create fillable forms for Department Managers & Pricing Coordinators to use as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate projects with local printers & follow project invoice procedures.
- Meet milestone deadlines, stay within budget and ensure end results meet high standards
- Position is full-time and requires regular, reliable attendance
No supervisory duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adept with current versions of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat)
- Familiar with basic HTML for use in customizing email marketing templates and with WordPress CMS for frequent website updates
- Proficient in MS Office (particularly Outlook, Excel, Word & Sharepoint)
- Strategic and conceptual thinker who understands how to solve for and translate ideas across all media
- Solid background in print, packaging, branding, retail graphics and digital design
- Strong communication, research, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of different printing techniques and production methods
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must take pride in their work and be passionate about design
Reliable transportation in order to visit each store location
ADDITIONAL BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Illustration, hand-lettering & chalkboard experience
- Digital photography/videography & editing
- Knowledge of current social media trends & advertising outlets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BA degree or greater in graphic design related discipline or commensurate career experience. Minimum of 3 years working experience as graphic designer. Retail focus preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers and vendors.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a retail store environment with scheduled visits to alternate store locations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.