Provides support to the Marketing Department across a wide range of projects and ongoing tasks. This role operates in a dynamic, fast paced environment with frequently shifting priorities. This position requires initiative, leadership, creativity, communication & interpersonal skills. Work together with store directors, merchandisers & department managers to ensure that all objectives and goals, as communicated by Management Team and Marketing Director, are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, curate and manage social media strategy, design and content with Marketing Director.
- Manage daily social media marketing including the creation of posts and community engagement.
- Support store events, which includes both evening and weekend time frames.
- Coordinate and oversee weekly photography needs.
- Work with graphic designer to create store signage, flyers and other marketing materials as needed, with the guidance of the Director of Marketing.
- Assist with management of regular website updates and maintenance.
- Write web content including blog articles and Team Zupans courses & tests.
- Write and edit bi-weekly sale-item flyers & weekly email marketing newsletter.
- Track and maintain department budget.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing, Store Directors, Department Managers and Pricing Coordinators.
- Research and keep track of new product trends throughout specialty food industry and make recommendations to merchandisers.
- Position is full-time and requires regular, reliable attendance.
No supervisory duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in MS Office (particularly Outlook, Excel, Word & Sharepoint)
- Familiar with WordPress CMS and Klaviyo email marketing platform and basic HTML for use in customizing email marketing and website updates
- Digital photography/videography & editing
- Knowledge of current social media trends & advertising outlets.
- Strategic and conceptual thinker who understands how to solve for and translate ideas across all media
- Strong communication, research, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must take pride in their work and be passionate about the food industry
- Reliable transportation in order to visit each store location
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BA degree or greater in marketing and/or communication or commensurate career experience. 1- 2 years working experience in marketing. Retail focus preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers and vendors.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a retail store environment with scheduled visits to alternate store locations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.