Work with co-workers and department manager to ensure that all objectives and goals of the department are met or exceeded. Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service. Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Follow through on all customer questions and requests
- Follow established food safety procedures
- Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by position (meat band saw, grinder, tumbler, etc.)
- Organize, stock and rotate meat and poultry cases to ensure freshness and quality of products and presentation meet all company standards.
- Receive and put away product delivery. Maintain back stock areas and coolers; keep all cases and shelves clean.
- Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects
- Be able to explain proper cooking techniques for all meats and cuts to the customer.
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage
- Be aware of new products and their placement
- Maintain safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms
- Properly package and wrap products for retail sale
- Trim and bone meat and poultry upon guests’ request
- Skewer meat and poultry items for kabobs, marinate meat items
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques
- Completion of daily prep lists and job assignments while maintaining high productivity levels.
- Help cross-merchandise product with other departments
- Understand why our products are different than conventional stores, and be able to explain to customers
- Answer telephones with proper etiquette
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity
- Able to answer customer questions in a clear and service-oriented manner
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have current Oregon Food Handlers card
- Ability to operate equipment in the department in a safe and effective manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience working in a meat department with increased responsibility of meat cutting/trimming and creating value add items for the meat case. Experience working with seafood a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents (instructions and vendor information). Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, managers and customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, and subtract.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions, exposure to continuous background noise
- May walk and work on uneven and slick surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies