Responsible for the overall management of the Meat and Seafood department. Provides leadership, direction to department associates. Displays a passion for food, building strong effective teams and exceptional customer service. Accountable for the financial performance of the department including achieving sales, gross and shrink reduction goals. Creates an inspiring customer experience by ensuring excellent customer service and providing high quality, well merchandised products for our customers.
• Achieve required sales, margin, expense and labor targets.
• Demonstrates ability to multi-task and independently manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, and speed based on the needs and conditions of the department.
• Understands and follows thru on written and verbal communication.
• Works cooperatively, collaboratively and positivity with co-workers and supervisors.
• Communicate any departmental concerns to Store Director and Director of Meat and Seafood.
• Maintain a clean and well-organized work environment.
• Keep all cases, shelves, displays clean, well-stocked, properly rotated and advertised with appropriate signage
• Follow and comply with established procedures and applicable health and safety codes to maintain a safe and sanitary work environment including sanitation, safe work practices, weights and measures. Operate, maintain and clean all equipment in a safe and proper manner. Monitor and maintain sanitation and cleaning checklist. Report all injuries and accidents to the Store Director.
• Works with Director of Meat and Seafood to create and implement new food items and programs for the department.
• Maintains shrink logs and transfer logs, as needed.
• Conduct scheduled inventories.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities of a meat and seafood associate.
• Observes all company rules and policies.
• Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service.
o Giving every customer immediate and undivided attention.
o Proactively engaging customers verbally and/or visually by smiling and saying hello
• Train and mentor associates to provide outstanding customer service
• Manage team of associates in the Meat and Seafood department.
• Assist in interviewing, selecting, training, developing and counseling food service department associates in a manner that builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
• Responsible for training meat and seafood department associates in proper product handling, storage and rotation, keeping accurate logs, packaging, stocking, equipment operation, and building displays.
• Determine break schedule and ensure all necessary breaks are given.
• Train and mentor team members to achieve development financial goals.
• Conduct team member reviews in a timely manner.
• Create a labor schedule to meet the productivity and customer service needs of the department.
• Counsels and disciplines team members according to company policy
Manage team of associates in the Meat and Seafood Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
· Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
· Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Proven ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
· Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Must have current Oregon Food Handlers card
At least 3 to 5 years of experience as a Meat Department Manager desired. Journeyman meat cutter level required. Seafood background a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers, vendors & customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Stand for long periods of time
· Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
· Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
· Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
· Consistent arm movements above or below shoulder height
· Frequent use of stairs
· Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
· May walk and work on uneven surfaces
· Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
· May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
· Exposure to continuous background noise
· Walking surfaces are sometimes slick