Work with co-workers and department manager to ensure that all objectives and goals of the department are met or exceeded. Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality products.
- Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service. Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Follow through on all guest questions and requests
- Ensure that food quality, freshness, and presentation meet all company standards
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained
- Rinse and trim produce items
- Prepare special cuts per customers request; sample department products to customers
- Follow established food safety procedures
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated
- Organize, stock, and rotate, while continuously checking and insuring freshness and quality of products
- Work with team members to ensure the selling floor/aisles are cleared and well maintained
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage
- Document department transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms
- Know product availability, preparation, storage, and nutritional aspects
- Be aware of new products and their placement
- Maintain back stock areas and coolers
- Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by position
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques
- Properly package and wrap products for retail sale
- Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment
- Help cross-merchandise product with other departments
- Understand why our products are different than conventional stores, and be able to explain to customers
- Accept and process product from receiver
- Answer telephones with proper etiquette
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity
- Must be self-motivated and solution oriented
- Able to answer customer questions in a clear and service-oriented manner
- Must have current Oregon Food Handlers card
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Prior experience working in a retail produce department and/or experience working with produce at a farmer’s market or farm where candidate acquired knowledge of fruit and vegetable varietals and interacted with the public.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents (instructions and vendor information). Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, managers and customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, and subtract.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven and slick surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise