Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality foods. Serves prepared items from the hot and cold deli cases based on customer request. Prepares specialty sandwiches and catering trays as needed. Makes recommendations to customers based on entertaining needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention
- Prepare kitchen dishes according to recipes.
- Cook positions – create specialty dishes using shrink from meat/seafood and produce departments.
- Ensure that food quality, freshness and presentation meet all company standards
- Follow through on all customer questions and requests
- Follow established food safety procedures
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained
- Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by position
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well stocked, and properly rotated
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage
- Sample department products to customers
- Be aware of new products and their placement
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms
- Properly package and wrap products for retail sale
- Learn product preparation and nutritional aspects
- Maintain back stock areas and coolers
- Must be passionate about people and great food.
- Must have or be able obtain a Oregon food handlers card.
- Must take food handling and preparation seriously.
- Cook positions must have a strong knowledge of cooking techniques, culinary degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Be willing to work a flexible work schedule based on the stores operating hours and department needs.
- Position requires regular and reliable attendance
- Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Interact with a diverse group of individuals.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Bending, stooping, and climbing.
- Repetitive use of hands with power grasping and fine manipulation.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces.
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
- Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes, and chemicals.
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick.
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required.