Works with other associates to assure that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by the Store Director and Department Manager, are met or exceeded. Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality foods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention.
- Support the Department Manager and Associates with all kitchen functions.
- Prepare Kitchen products according to recipes and being comfortable to produce your very own tasty dish.
- Guides completion of daily prep lists and job assignments.
- Ensure that food quality, freshness and presentation meet all company standards.
- Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
- Follow established food safety procedures.
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
- Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by the position.
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well stocked, and properly rotated.
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
- Sample department products to customers.
- Be aware of new products and their placement.
- Maintain safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Properly package and wrap products for retail sale.
- Know product preparation and nutritional aspects.
- Maintain back stock areas and coolers.
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques.
- Understand why our products are different than conventional stores, and be able to explain to customers.
- Answer telephones with proper etiquette when time permits.
- Must be passionate about people and great food.
- Must have or be able to obtain an Oregon food handlers card.
- Must take food handling and preparation seriously.
- Be passionate about food and have a general knowledge of cooking techniques.
- Be willing to work a flexible work schedule based on the stores operating hours and department needs.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Interact with a diverse group of individuals.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Bending, stooping, and climbing.
- Repetitive use of hands with power grasping and fine manipulation.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces.
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
- Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes, and chemicals.
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick.
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required.