- 2 3/4 lbs Oregon Star tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lb watermelon, cubed
- 3/4 C strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 t kosher salt
- 1 t ground pink peppercorns
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C sherry vinegar
- croutons (optional)
- cooked bay shrimp (optional)
In 2 or 3 batches, process the tomatoes, watermelon, strawberries, garlic, salt and peppercorns until very smooth.
With machine still running add some of the olive oil to each batch.
Put in a large bowl and add the vinegar and more salt if needed. It is best to let the soup chill in the refrigerator for several hours so that the flavors can develop.
Top with croutons and bay shrimp.