Oversees the buying, stocking, inventory and margin control within the grocery section(s) of the store, including frozen section(s) of the grocery department. Works with other associates to ensure all objectives and goals of the department and store are met or exceeded. Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide our customers with exceptional customer service
- Give the customer your full attention, greeting all customers in department
- Respond to special requests from customers in a timely manner
- Understand why our products are different than conventional stores and be able to explain to customers
- Responsible for ordering product, including seasonal items, utilizing order guides
- Responsible for complete maintenance of overheads and grocery aisles/end bases, and frozen section
- Responsible for throwing freight for grocery and frozen department
- Ensure that all shelves and displays are properly stocked, rotated and front facing
- Control spoilage
- Maintain correct department signage and pricing
- Implement and maintain departmental schematics for set sections of the grocery aisles
- Maintain back stock in good order and rotated
- Help cross-merchandise product with other departments
- Assist with scheduled inventories and monitor inventory levels
- Work with team members to ensure the selling floor/aisles are cleared and well maintained
- Back up cashier when needed at the front-end
- Uphold the standards pertaining to cleanliness and HACCP programs
- Position is full-time and requires regular and reliable attendance
Oversee grocery department associates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
- Able to answer customer questions in a clear and service-oriented manner.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Three years prior grocery experience desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers vendors & customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs and ladders
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift