Maintains strong organization of back room and receiving system. Processes designated deliveries of grocery, bulk, perishables, supplements and wellness, to ensure accountability for receiving paperwork, pricing and security of inventory. Provides excellent customer service to vendors and customers. Typical shift is 3am to 11:30am.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare back room and storage areas for incoming deliveries. Keeps the back room clean and organized.
- Works with vendors and department managers to ensure over-stock items are stored in the appropriate location (overheads, etc.).
- Checks deliveries to verify piece count and check for possible damage. Notify buyer of any discrepancies.
- Break down pallets (loads) and direct other staff to assist as needed.
- Sign for deliveries with appropriate adjustments noted on invoice.
- Document price discrepancies and forward to POS using the daily price sheet.
- Identify “not in file” items and submit to the home office.
- Break invoices into department categories and route to department buyers.
- Coordinate returns, ensuring that returned items get back to the appropriate suppliers in a timely manner.
- Call suppliers for credit on designated orders.
- Maintains security of backdoor during receiving hours.
- Set aside special orders, match product with special order form and call customers.
- Rotate overstock into storage. Maintain approximate floor plan in storage area using location signs as needed.
- When receiving work allows, help in store where needed.
- When on the sales floor, provides excellent customer service to our customers.
- Position is full-time and requires regular and reliable attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong attention to organization, detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in all departments.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
- Able to answer customer questions in a clear and service-oriented manner.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which may include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Typical shift is 3am to 11:30am.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Two year of grocery experience or equivalent work experience; prior POS experience desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers, vendors & customers. Ability to give clear instructions.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift