Patrol and monitor activities in and around the store to discourage criminal activity, disorder, and to ensure the environment is safe and secure for associates and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet our customers and provide them with exceptional customer service
- Give the customer your full attention
- Work in conjunction with store managers, department managers, PICs and line level associates as appropriate regarding security matters within the store
- Patrol and monitor activities on the premises
- Evict trespassers and violators and, under very limited circumstances, detain subjects while following legal protocols before the appropriate authorities arrive and take charge
- Control the entrance and departure of associates and customers according to protocols
- Monitor surveillance cameras for disruptions or unlawful activities
- Provide detailed reports on daily activities and incidents that may have occurred to management
- Utilize communication devices such as two-way radios in a clear and concise manner
- Perform CPR or first aid when needed
- Handle crisis situations at the store in a calm, professional, and efficient manner
- Work with local law enforcement and other security companies as appropriate
- Position is full-time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a DMV background check upon hire.
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to leave with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional manner.
- As a condition of employment, must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Display excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to converse in a deescalating manner with hostile, intoxicated and/or persons suffering from mental health issues.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Able to answer customer questions in a clear and service-oriented manner.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store. Which include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Prior experience in law enforcement or private security desired. Position will require successfully completing CPR/First Aid training and Basic Security Certification, both paid for by Zupan’s Markets.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, associates & customers.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to move quickly through the store to respond to incidents as needed
- Frequent use of stairs
- Frequent bending, stooping and climbing
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Position works both inside and outside the store
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift