This is a fun recipe for kids! Easy and quick to put together, the fun part is intentionally breaking the brittle into jagged pieces. I kept this version simple, but some toasted hazelnuts or pistachios would really give this brittle some extra crunch.
- 1 C butter (2 sticks)
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 C sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 2 C flour
- 1 C dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- Cream the butter and vanilla. Add in the flour, sugar, salt, and chocolate chips. If you are adding nuts, put them in at this time as well.
- Mix the dough well until it comes together in a dry and crumbly way. If the dough is too wet, add more flour until coarse.
- Press the dough onto a baking silpat, or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. The thinner you press the dough, the more “brittle” it will become.
- Bake until the edges are light brown, around 20 minutes. Allow the brittle to cool completely. Break into pieces!