- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 oz. crabmeat
- 1 T lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
Ideas: For holiday entertaining, add some color to your dish by mixing in ¼ C of chopped bell peppers (red, green, yellow, or combination of). For extra spice, add ¼ Cof chopped jalapeno or your favorite peppers. A few splashes of Tabasco can accomplish this as well.
Note: Devlin Crab Spread freezes wonderfully and can be served up quickly for those unexpected guests. Reheat in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes or until warm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese in large mixing bowl. Add green onions, lemon juice and crabmeat and mix thoroughly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mix into oven safe dishes. A 9″ glass pie dish works perfectly or, if you prefer, you can make several smaller dishes. Regardless of the size dish you use, it is preferred to spread the mixture approximately 1″ thick for best results. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.
- Garnish with a few chopped green onions or a sprig of parsley and a lemon wheel. Serve hot or cold with your favorite crackers.