- Bones of one turkey, meat stripped off
- 1 peeled carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 5-7 fresh parsley sprigs
Are you wondering what to do with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Turn it into a tasty turkey stock with this easy recipe.
- Fill a stockpot with about 4 quarts of cold water.
- Place all ingredients into cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours (or more if you’d like a more concentrated stock to store for future). Stir occasionally.
- Once done cooking to your desired level, turn off heat and let stock cool to room temperature.
- Strain stock through a fine sieve over a large bowl or your various desired storage containers. Make sure to skim any solidified fat off the surface. Then refrigerate overnight before using, or freeze.