Responsible for the overall management of the Floral department. Provides leadership, direction to department associates. Displays a passion for floral, building strong effective teams and exceptional customer service. Accountable for the financial performance of the department including achieving sales, gross and shrink reduction goals. Creates an inspiring customer experience by ensuring excellent customer service and providing high quality, well merchandised products for our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Achieve required sales, margin, expense and labor targets,
· Demonstrates ability to multi-task and independently manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, and speed based on the needs and conditions of the department.
· Understands and follows through on written and verbal communication.
· Works cooperatively, collaboratively and positively with co-workers and managers.
· Communicate and departmental concerns to the Store Director and Director of Floral.
· Maintain a clean and well-organized work environment.
· Create visually appealing displays of flower buckets, arrangements and flowering plants in/around the store. Ensure displays are advertised with appropriate signage. Maintain proper retail signage.
· Ensure department personnel are properly trained, assigned tasks and held accountable to accomplishing tasks per company standards
· Ensure product quality, quantity, freshness and presentation meet company standards
· Process special requests for customers as requested
· Place product and supply orders. Make visits to the floral market when needed.
· Stay abreast of new floral design trends and train department employees.
· Be aware of and shop local competition at least once a month
· Help cross-merchandise product with other departments
· Adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules, wash containers and tools when necessary. Practice
· Conduct scheduled inventories.
· Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by position
- Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service.
- Giving every customer immediate and undivided attention.
- Proactively engaging customers verbally and/or visually by smiling and saying hello.
- Follow through on all customer questions and special-order requests.
- Frequently check email for online orders.
- Train and mentor associates to provide outstanding customer service.
- Manage team of associates in the Floral department
- Assist in interviewing, selecting, training, developing and counseling floral department associates in a manner that builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
- Responsible for training floral department associates in proper product handling, storage and rotation of floral product, equipment operation, and building displays.
- Determine break schedule and ensure all necessary breaks are given.
- Train and mentor team members to achieve development financial goals.
- Conduct team member reviews in a timely manner.
- Create a labor schedule to meet the productivity and customer service needs of the department.
- Counsels and disciplines team members according to company policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Proven ability to mentor and develop team members
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which includes working a variety of shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Will have at least 5 years floral design and arrangement experience in a comparable retail environment. Prior floral management experience desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers vendors & customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Stand for long periods of time
· Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
· Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
· Frequent use of stairs
· Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
· May walk and work on uneven surfaces
· Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
· May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
· Exposure to continuous background noise
· Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
· Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift