Work with co-workers and department managers to ensure the store is clean and well maintained.
- Provide our customers with exceptional customer service. Assist with bottle/can counts for customers.
- Maintain employee and customer restrooms ensuring they are clean and well stocked.
- Clean and maintain employee break room.
- Maintain store cleanliness by sweeping and mopping floors, dusting, emptying trash in the service departments and front end, sorting recycling, changing light bulbs, cleaning up spills, and addressing other cleaning & maintenance items as needed.
- Pressure wash floor mats; clean and maintain grocery carts.
- Organize and maintain store recycling, compost and trash. Empty baler.
- Work with team members to ensure the selling floor/aisles are cleared and well maintained.Assist the grocery department when needed to ensure that all shelves and displays are properly stocked, rotated and front facing.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Prior experience in a janitorial or maintenance position desired.
Ability to read and comprehend cleaning product labels and safety manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Frequent use of ladders
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift