Work with co-workers and department managers to ensure the store is clean and well-maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide our customers with exceptional customer service. Assist with bottle/can counts for customers.
- Maintain employee and customer restrooms ensuring they are clean and well-stocked.
- Clean and maintain employee break room.
- Maintain store cleanliness by sweeping and mopping floors, dusting, emptying trash in the service departments and front end, sorting recycling, changing light bulbs, cleaning up spills, and addressing other cleaning & maintenance items as needed.
- Pressure wash floor mats; clean and maintain grocery carts.
- Organize and maintain store recycling, compost and trash. Empty baler.
- Work with team members to ensure the selling floor/aisles are cleared and well maintained.
- Assist the grocery department when needed to ensure that all shelves and displays are properly stocked, rotated and front-facing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department. Which include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Prior experience in janitorial or maintenance position desired.
Ability to read and comprehend cleaning product labels and safety manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Frequent use of ladders
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift