Self-motivated, high energy stock person working the overnight shift to maintain grocery product throughout the store. Position responsible for stocking grocery, perishable grocery, and other areas. Shift is generally 9pm to 5:30am with some flexibility in the schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Stock grocery orders and fill beverage coolers
- Work and organize all grocery back-stock daily
- Build and tear down displays on end units, promotional aisles and other display areas
- Work with team members to ensure the selling floor/aisles are cleared and well maintained
- Check product quality to ensure freshness, review “sell by” dates and take appropriate action
- Ensure the proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager
- Face product on shelves
- Load and unload delivery trucks
- Maintain sanitation conditions in the store, comply with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management
- Use all equipment in grocery department such as refrigerators, freezers and cardboard baler according to company guidelines
- Position is full-time
Position is OVERNIGHT (approximately 10pm -8am, can vary)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to self-start
- Ability to work independently with a high-level of production and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong attention to detail
- Current food handlers permit
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prior experience in a stocking position desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents (instructions and vendor information). Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, managers and customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads\
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick