Displays a passion for wine and beer, building strong effective relationships with customers. Creates an inspiring customer experience by ensuring excellent customer service and providing high quality, well merchandised products for our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and outstanding customer experience through exceptional customer service
- Give the customer your full attention, greeting all customers in department
- Respond to special requests from customers in a timely manner
- Educate customers on products in the department, make recommendations
- Taste and evaluate products carried in the department to determine flavor profiles and be able to communicate to our customers (strong knowledge of styles and producers)
- Assist in scheduling in-store tasting events with vendors and producers to provide fun and informative opportunities for customers to sample product
- When seasonal products become available, contact customers who have previously purchased to inquire about re-ordering
- Maintain correct department signage and pricing. Maintain organized back stock area.
- Ensure that all shelves and displays are properly stocked, rotated and front facing
- Assist with creating effective merchandising displays for wine and beer. Cross-merchandise product with other departments.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the store and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about product
- Assist with scheduled inventories
- Follow and comply with all applicable alcohol handling and service regulations, health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices. Operate and sanitize all wine equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Position is full-time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive knowledge of wine and beer production and description. Able to communicate wine and beer pairings and a variety of product offerings.
- Ability to learn in-depth knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude, able to answer questions in a clear and service- oriented manner
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed and manage own time
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Effective time management skills, strong work ethic and integrity.
- Self-motivated with high attention to detail, quality and presentation. Creative eye for retail displays and knowledge of display building preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Previous customer service, hospitality, retail or grocery experience required. Previous retail wine and beer experience preferred. Demonstrated product knowledge, including terminology, styles and producers preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store managers, vendors & customers.
- Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise
- Walking surfaces are sometimes slick
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift