- 1 bunch Lacitino kale, washed and dried
- 1 Pink Lady or Braeburn apple, cut in half
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C roasted cashews
- 1/2 C dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 T cider vinegar
- 2 t curry powder
- 2 t honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Peel half of the apple, cut into pieces and put into food processor. Add the vinegar, curry powder, garlic, honey, and salt. Process until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary. With machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Tear kale into small pieces (sans ribs) into salad bowl, then add cabbage. Cut the other half of the apple into small bites and add to bowl. Add cashews & cranberries, then toss with dressing and let sit for a few minutes to allow flavors to blend.