Fresh, tangy, and crunchy salad with a light vinaigrette made with maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and fresh tarragon.
- 2 t. fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¾ t. Dijon mustard
- 2 T maple syrup, grade A preferably
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (5 oz.) package fresh arugula
- 1 Gala apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved lengthwise, cored, and sliced crosswise thinly
- 2 small Belgian endives, sliced crosswise thinly
- ¼ C hazelnuts, toasted and skinned, chopped coarsely
- 2 T crumbled blue cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Make the vinaigrette: Place tarragon and mustard in a small bowl. With a whisk, add maple syrup and cider vinegar. Add olive oil and continue whisking until ingredients are well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss arugula with a small amount of vinaigrette and arrange arugula in a serving dish. Toss apples, fennel, and endives with desired amount of vinaigrette and place on top of arugula. Garnish with hazelnuts, blue cheese, and salt & pepper to taste. Serve with remaining vinaigrette if desired.