Take your green bean side dish to the next level with this revamped rendition featuring blistered peppers and mushrooms. Feel free to pick your favorite mushrooms, from delicate and light chanterelles to earthier white oyster mushrooms, you cannot go wrong. Serve it as a side for your holiday meal or pair it with a simple main course.
- 5 ounces chanterelle or oyster mushrooms, trimmed
- 12 ounces green beans
- 12 ounces shishito peppers (or your favorite in-season pepper)
- ½ cup Durant Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided, plus more for finishing
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt, divided
- ⅓ cup Les Pres Sales Course Sea Salt French Butter
- 10 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Dust the mushrooms with a pastry brush to remove any dirt or grit.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans and peppers with ⅓ cup olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Spread evenly on 1 or 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Roast for 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly blistered and sizzling.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Cook for 2 minutes, undisturbed, then toss and repeat for another 2 minutes, continuing to cook and toss until the mushrooms are lightly golden and fragrant. During the last two minutes, add the roasted garlic. When fragrant, remove from the heat.
- Arrange the peppers, beans, and mushrooms on a serving dish. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a spritz of lemon juice. Serve immediately.