- 2½ lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 oz. applewood-smoked bacon, largely diced
- 1½ C Tillamook Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ C Oregon blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 T fresh chives, chopped plus more for sprinkling on top
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-2¼ C milk
- 1 C sour cream
The inspiration behind this dish is the flavor of a traditional loaded baked potato with the addition of creamy Oregon blue cheese. It is a very comforting dish to have for your winter menu.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9″x 13″ baking dish.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, add bacon. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and crisp. Set aside.
- Combine both cheeses in a bowl. Set aside ¼ C of cheese mixture for topping. Whisk milk and sour cream in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Scrub and wash potatoes well and slice them into ¼” slices. Toss them in a large bowl with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place a single layer of the potatoes in the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with cooked pancetta, cheese mixture, and chives. Repeat the layers 2 to 3 more times. Pour milk mixture all over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the foil, scatter the reserved cheese mixture and chives on the top layer; continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and liquid is mostly absorbed. Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving.