This snappy side dish recipe for Brussels Sprouts with Tahini Sauce is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. The sprouts become golden and crispy thanks to a quick sear on the stove and finish in the oven. Tossing your veggies in French butter and duck fat enriches them with a luscious flavor that can stand up to a creamy, garlicky tahini sauce. The sauce comes together in seconds using a high-speed blender, but in a pinch, you can simply mix it together in a bowl (just mash the garlic with a fork for a nice smooth sauce).
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons Les Pres Sales French butter, melted
- ⅓ cup Epic Rendered Duck Fat, melted
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Graham’s Six Grapes Reserve Porto
- 3 ounces Prosciutto Di San Daniel, torn into thin strips
- ½ cup Gold Shield pine nuts
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup Joyva sesame tahini
- ½ cup Zupan’s extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Bragg nutritional yeast
- 6 tablespoons ice water, plus more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss together the brussels sprouts, butter, duck fat, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high Add the brussel sprouts and cook, undisturbed for 2 minutes, then toss and cook for another 2 minutes undisturbed. Repeat one more time.
- Add the port and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Arrange the prosciutto over the brussels sprouts and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the tahini sauce ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, adding more water as needed to reach a pourable consistency.
- Top the brussels sprouts with pine nuts and tahini sauce. Enjoy!