The piquant flavor of Buffalo chicken sausage ups the ante on this ultimate game-day nosh. A mix of smokey blue and spicy Mexican cheeses, black beans, and a pile of fresh, colorful vegetables makes it a party.
- 2 tsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 6 Zupan’s Hot Buffalo Chicken Sausages, casings removed
- 1 16oz bag Hot Mama Salsa Tortilla Chips
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 jalapeño chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 thinly sliced radishes
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Buffalo hot sauce, such as Fire on the Mountain or Mitch’s Best, for drizzling
- Lime wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a large, cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the loose sausage and press it into the pan in an even layer. Allow the sausage to cook undisturbed until it begins to brown on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes. Then break it up into small chunks and sauté until it is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove the pan from the heat.
Spread about half of the tortilla chips in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Top with about half each of the cooked sausage, the beans, and the Mexican cheese blend. Repeat to create a second layer. Scatter the jalapeños on top.
Bake until the cheese is fully melted and beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, avocado, radishes, green onions, and cilantro. Drizzle generously with Buffalo sauce and ranch dressing or crema. Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side.