- 1 cup dry farro
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- 4 Marionberry Jalapeño Sausages
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- ¼ cup finely minced parsley
- Lemon juice
- Grapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the farro. Add 1 cup dry farro and 2 cups chicken broth into a pot. Bring to a rapid boil, then reduce heat, cover, and cook for 18-20 minutes. Drain any excess liquid, then set farro aside to cool while you prepare the corn and sausages.
- Husk the corn and rub the stalks with a bit of olive oil.
- Preheat your grill to 350°F. Place the corn stalks and the sausages on the grill on direct heat for 2 minutes, turn and cook for another 2 minutes on direct heat. Then, move the sausages to indirect heat and continue to cook (turning occasionally) until the internal temperature of the sausages reaches 165°F.
- Shave the corn kernels from the cobs directly into a large mixing bowl. Slice the sausages into ½” rounds and add to the corn. Add the cooked farro, cotija cheese, minced parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Generously squeeze lemon juice over the salad, and lightly drizzle oil of choice. Stir thoroughly and serve.