Zupan’s pre-seasoned and skewered chicken kabobs make a healthy dinner, even on the busiest back-to-school weeknights. Using only 5-ingredients this vibrant salad with juicy chicken kebabs is a light meal that’s guaranteed to satisfy. When it’s in season, be sure to stock up on local Commonplace Farm Petit Kale, which is delightfully buttery and sweet tasting. Butter lettuce makes an excellent substitution in a pinch.
- 6 skewers (approx 3.25 pounds) Zupan’s housemade parsley garlic chicken breast kabobs
- 2 packages Commonplace Farm Petit Kale or butter lettuce leaves
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, cut into 2-inch wedges
- 1-2 large avocados, diced
- 1 jar Toby’s Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the skewers on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan, leaving 1 to 2 inches between each.
- Roast for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Cool slightly before serving on the salad to prevent wilting.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and red onions (if using) in a large bowl.
- Add the blue cheese dressing, to taste, to the salad and toss to coat.
- Transfer the salad mixture to a large serving bowl. Top with the chicken skewers and drizzle with balsamic glaze, if you like. Serve immediately and enjoy!