- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 3 slices bacon, finely diced
- ½ C hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
If you’re looking for a new way to prepare Brussels sprouts, may we suggest this delicious recipe? It includes bacon …
- Remove any spotted leaves from sprouts. Cut into ¹⁄16″ slices and separate into shreds. Heat 12″ sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Reserve 2 T or more of bacon fat in the pan, add sprouts to the pan and sauté until crisp-tender and bright green, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add bacon, hazelnuts, salt, and pepper. Stir thoroughly to mix. Adjust seasonings to taste. Add a small amount of balsamic vinegar to deglaze. Pour over sprouts and serve.