- 4 Chorizo Verde or Tex-Mex Sausages
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-6 large handfuls of tortilla chips
- Garnish (optional): queso fresco, cilantro, crushed red pepper, lime wedges, fried eggs
Remove the casing from each of the sausages.
In a high sided skillet or braising pan, fry the meat on medium high, stirring constantly. When the meat is cooked through, add in the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, water and salt, and stir to fully incorporate. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the tortilla chips into the sauce a couple handfuls at a time, and stir to fully coat. Allow chips to cook for 2 minutes (or until softened), stirringly occasionally.
Portion the chilaquiles into four bowls and top with queso fresco, cilantro, and a fried egg. Serve immediately with a slice of lime.