- 6 chicken pieces, legs and thighs
- Olive oil
- ½ C low sodium chicken stock
- 16 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ C half-fat cream
- 2 T grainy mustard
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 small handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a stockpot on medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Dry chicken pieces with a paper towel and generously season with salt and pepper. Place in the stockpot and leave untouched for 3-4 minutes while the chicken browns. Gently turn and repeat.
2. Preheat oven to 325˚. Add chicken stock to the stockpot, leaving the chicken skin side up so it doesn’t become soggy. Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the chicken
3. In a small pan on medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Sauté mushrooms for 5-6 minutes. Lower the heat and add reduced chicken stock from the stockpot. Add cream and grainy mustard and stir. Simmer, reducing the sauce until it reaches a desired consistency, and add the lemon juice. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.