- ¾ cup full fat yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
- ½ serrano pepper, stem removed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 medium (about 12-14 oz) sweet potatoes
- 4 curry chicken sausages
- ⅓ cup of water
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green apple
- 1 bunch of kale
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Microgreens for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Make the mint sauce. All of the ingredients into a mixing bowl (or large measuring cup) and whisk to fully incorporate. Set aside.
- Cook the cup of jasmine rice per package instructions. Fluff and set aside until ready to use.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut them into 1” chunks and toss lightly in olive oil. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking tray in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place the sausages and a ⅓ cup of water into a high sided skillet and cover. Turn to medium heat, and allow sausages to cook for 11 minutes. Then uncover, rotate the sausages, recover and cook for an additional 6 minutes. Remove cover and increase heat to medium high and allow sausages to brown for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally with tongs. Remove from heat and let sausages sit in the pan with a cover on until ready to use.
- While sausages are cooking, cut each cheek of the red pepper off the stem, and slice each piece into ¼” strips. Cut the green apple (skin on) into four quarters and remove the core. Then, slice each apple quarter into matchstick sized slices. Add both the red pepper and apple into a mixing bowl, and then dress with ¼ cup of the mint sauce and mix well.
- Wash and de-stem kale and thinly slice the leaves, almost chiffonade, and place in a large mixing bowl. Dress with ⅓ cup of the mint sauce and stir to fully coat all the kale. Set aside.
- Assemble the power bowls. Slice the sausages at an angle into ½” pieces, and remove casing from the pieces (if desired). Scoop ¼ cup of rice into your bowl, then add a heap of dressed kale. Top with a scoop of roasted sweet potatoes, sausage slices, and then finish with the apple and pepper slaw. Drizzle additional mint sauce as desired. (Optional: garnish with microgreens.)