- 1 cup (5 ounces) finely ground chocolate graham crackers or chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- White chocolate or Candy Melts, melted (optional)
- Plastic spiders (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix together crust ingredients and press evenly onto the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch fluted tart pan. Set pan on a parchment paper lined sheet pan and bake until firm, about 10-15 minutes. Let cool while you prepare the filling.
Bring cream to a boil, then pour over chopped chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and salt, then stir into melted chocolate mixture. Pour chocolate filling into cooled tart shell and bake for 20-25 minutes until set along the edges but still wobbly just in the center. Cool completely before glazing.
To make the glaze, bring cream to a boil and pour over finely chopped chocolate and stir until all the chocolate has melted. If needed, rewarm for a few seconds in the microwave to help melt chocolate. Add corn syrup and water and stir glaze until smooth and shiny. Pour glaze over the tart surface, spreading to the edges of the tart using a thin offset spatula.
Once glaze has set, melt white chocolate and pipe spider web pattern on the surface of the tart. Garnish with plastic spiders if desired.