- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and thinly slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Better Than Boullion Roasted Beef Base
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
An update on the classic onion dip, this version has all the flavors of French Onion Soup in dip form. Serve with warm crostini or potato chips.
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and add olive oil. Add onions, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are browned and caramelized. Allow onions to cool.
In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese, until smooth, Add onions and mix until combined. Serve with crostini or potato chips.