An update on the classic onion dip, this version has all the flavors of French Onion Soup in dip form. Serve with warm crostini or potato chips.
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and thinly slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Better Than Boullion Roasted Beef Base
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and add olive oil. Add onions, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are browned and caramelized. Allow onions to cool.
In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese, until smooth, Add onions and mix until combined. Serve with crostini or potato chips.