These Greek Lamb Pita Sandwiches are protein-packed and bursting with flavor, even with this short and sweet ingredient list. If you’d like some extra freshness on top, feel free to garnish with your favorite seasonal herbs. The meatballs bake in the oven, so there’s nothing to babysit on the stove, and the sandwiches travel well if you’re taking dinner on the go.
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground lamb
- 1½ tablespoons Greek seasoning (such as Portland Greek Blend Artisan seasoning)
- 2 teaspoons salt (such as Marino Di Sicilia Lemon Sea Salt)
- 6 pita bread rounds
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-2 containers Zupan’s Tzatziki sauce for servingOPTIONAL:
- 1-2 containers Zupan’s feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh herbs such as dill or parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, Greek seasoning and salt with your hands. Shape the mixture into 24 1½-inch meatballs and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fully cooked (160°F internal temperature). They will feel firm to the touch and be slightly browned when cooked.