Serving Size: 6-8
Our Harris Ranch corned beef briskets are cured ever so slowly for optimal tenderness and flavor. Available in old fashioned cure with traditional spice blend or a more mild variety.
- 3-1/2 lbs. Harris Ranch corned beef brisket
- 6-8 red potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium rutabagas, peeled and cut into 6-8 wedges
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 6-8 wedges
Place meat in an 8-quart Dutch oven and put in enough water to cover meat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 2 hours or until brisket is almost tender. Add red potatoes., carrots and rutabagas. Continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add cabbage, return to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are fork tender. Remove corned beef and slice thin and diagonally against the grain.
Serve with either high quality mustard or horseradish.