This classic ham recipe is perfect to serve to your holiday guests.
- 1 (9 lb.) Carlton Farms bone-in spiral or whole ham
- 1 C apple cider
- 1⁄3 C maple syrup
- 1⁄3 C apple cider
- ½ C dark brown sugar
- 2 T whole-grain Dijon mustard
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300˚. Put ham in a roasting pan and pour cider into the bottom of pan. Cover ham with foil. If ham is foil-wrapped, remove foil layer from bottom only, then cover tightly over top with another layer of foil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes per pound, or until heated through to about 130˚.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low. Simmer 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- When ham is heated through, remove foil and brush glaze over top of ham, covering completely. Turn oven up to 375˚. Cook ham, uncovered, for a few minutes or until glaze is browned. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.