Serving Size: 6
- Lamb loin roast, 2 lamb loins
- Butchers twine
- 1/3 cup roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup whole basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- Take your two lamb loins and rub one side of each loin with roasted garlic. Place fresh basil across one loin and place the other loin, roasted garlic side down and tie together. Recommend to tie each 1/2 inch to hold roast together. Let the roast stand at room temperature for at least a half hour. Rub the outside with olive oil and season well with the salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay the lamb in a roasting pan and place in the middle rack of the oven. Roast for 35-40 minutes until a meat thermometer registers 130-135 degrees for medium rare. Keep cooking to 135-140 degrees for medium and 155-165 degrees for well done. Transfer to a cutting board and rest for 10 minutes. Slice & serve.