Chopped Egg Salad (layer 1)
6 large eggs, hardboiled, whites and yolks chopped separately
2 tablespoons creme fraiche
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Onion Relish (layer 2)
1 cup shallot, finely minced (brunoised)
1 lemon, juiced
¼ teaspoon salt
Whipped Cream Cheese (layer 3)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons creme fraiche
⅓ cup chive minced
1 tablespoon capers, finely minced
American Paddlefish Caviar (layer 4)
2 ounces American Paddlefish Caviar
- In a small chilled mixing bowl combine chopped egg whites, egg yolks, creme fraiche, mayonnaise, mustard and salt.
- In a second small bowl combine the shallot, lemon juice and salt.
- In a mixing bowl with a hand mixer combine the softened cream cheese and creme fraiche, whisk until very smooth. Stir in minced chives and capers. Season with salt if desired.
- On a serving vessel using a 6” ring mold that has been lightly greased with olive oil spoon in the egg mixture in the bottom of the prepared ring mold. Top evenly with the onion mixture and follow by gently spreading the whipped cream cheese mixture. Lastly spread even with caviar using a pearl spoon.
- Unmold and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve alongside a light airy cracker such as lavosh or grilled bread lightly brushed with butter.