A posset is a type of dessert, similar to pudding, that is made with citrus juice, cream, and sugar. Any citrus flavor will work great in posset. Mandarin orange is naturally sweet so the addition of tart lemon juice will balance the sweetness.
- 2¼ C heavy whipping cream
- ¾ C granulated sugar
- ½ C fresh mandarin juice
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 2 t. mandarin peel, freshly grated
- Fresh mandarin segments for garnish
- Shortbread cookies (optional)
- Place cream and sugar in a pan and bring to boil over medium heat, whisking until sugar is dissolved. Let simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in both juices and peel.
- Divide cream mixture into 4 ramekins or small dessert dishes. Chill overnight to set. Garnish with fresh mandarin segments and crumbled shortbread cookies.